Friday, June 11, 2010

NEMO Ambassador Spotlight: John Lacroix

NEMO ambassador and ultrarunner, "Sherpa" John Lacroix, takes a few minutes out of his busy school/work/training schedule to tell us a bit about himself and what keeps him going.


Name: "Sherpa" John Lacroix

Birthplace: Manchester, NH

Current residence: Epping, NH

Day job (what pays the bills?): Full Time Student at the University of New Hampshire majoring in Outdoor Education. Part Time employee at Eastern Mountain Sports

Life Motto: "Human Potential is that little voice in your head that dares you to dream it, moves you to do it and wills you to experience it. It is unlimited.”

Favorite organization you support: Vermont Adaptive Ski and Sport
What are you doing to change the world?: Trying my best to inspire people to chase their dreams no matter how impossible they seem. We can do anything we put our mind to and our bodies are amazing machines. I'll do anything I can to make sure people see that.

Favorite piece of NEMO gear & why: My favorite is the Mio. Not only does it offer plenty of space for me and my gear, but it’s mutli-functional in the field: I can have a separate vestibule area or I can have more space inside the tent, depending upon my needs. It's perfect for a trip on a plane; lightweight and doesn't take up much room in my bag. It's the perfect fit for a traveler like me.

Songs that get you going: Shinedown "I Dare You," Metallica "Bleeding Me"

Give us a ‘green tip’ that you personally do: I pick up trash along the road while on my training runs.

Favorite trip & why: Pemigewassett Loop. There is something magical about the Pemi. The history, the trees, the wilderness, the peaks. Words just can’t describe it.

Food you miss the most while on a long run: Steak tip and cheese sub

Favorite food to have on a long run: Gummy Bears

Something you always bring on your trips that you don’t need (good luck charm, etc.): My Buff

Friends describe you as: Stubborn, Authentic

Favorite book: Born to Run, Losing The Garden

Who inspires you? The people who get out there and do stuff. The ones who not only do it, but inspire others to do it. I also truly admire those folks who stick around to cheer their fellow adventurers on. Community is everything.

Summer 2010 Schedule
The Barkley Marathons, TN
The McNaughton, VT
Western States 100, CA
The Vermont 100, VT
The Leadville Trail 100, CO
The Wasatch Front 100, UT

~Kate

No comments: