Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Quote of the Day

Great quote from Bucky found on the blog of the Madsonian Museum of Industrial Design:

“When I am working on a problem I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong.” R. Buckminster Fuller

I feel like it sums up a lot of how we approach the design process at NEMO. One of my favorite art teachers once told me that being an artist isn't hard, it's knowing when your art is finished that is tough. We come up with thousands of ideas here, but it's knowing which solution is right that separates us from the crowd.


Looking forward to checking out MMID. It's exciting to have such an interesting industrial design focused space right here in New England.

-Suzanne

1 comment:

Labeling Machinery said...

This was a brilliant quote on equipment. Keep it coming.