Friday, October 7, 2011

NEMO's Adventure Products Test Team Announced


Last month, NEMO launched The Adventure Products Testing Contest through its Facebook page to find gear testers for its upcoming sleeping bag line. Gear junkies were called to submit a video and written gear review for Facebook users and the NEMO crew to vote on. Over 150 adventurers entered the contest; 13 were chosen to join the APT Team.


“Woooooot! O wow, thanks! That was a great to start my day off! I can't wait!
I'm so happy I'm shaking,” said Nick Korda when he found out he won.

“This is going to be a blast! I am looking forward to working with NEMO on this sleeping bag line,” said Bradley Wilson.

“I'm excited and can't wait to hear what I need to do to get going!” said Lindsay Bean.

The inaugural APT Team hails from all parts of the US and its members include dual sport, backpacking, surfing, sailing, trail running, skateboarding, biking, hunting, canoeing, and skiing enthusiasts. The winners: Paul Owens, Bradley Wilson, Lindsay Bean, Gregory Goad, Nick Korda, Sean Clark, Eric Hall, Zachary Scheitel, Buck Holly, Gary Hochgraf, Nan Woodbury and Jonathan Heffron will all be interacting directly with our team of designers and engineers throughout testing.

“We try to get as many different avenues of input into our design process as possible, and this contest not only formalizes the way we have worked with our customers for years, but gives me a direct line to our current users to ask questions and try out new and different cutting edge concepts. For me, I'm most excited about the real time communication and instant feedback. I think it will push the sleeping bag program far and fast,” said NEMO’s Director of Product Design, Suzanne Turell.

Joining the customer gear testers will be NEMO’s current team of testers, ambassadors and retail partners. Testing will take place throughout the fall and winter with the final designs expected to launch in Spring 2013.

No comments: